Handling of Suspect Mail
Focused on assessing and efficiently treating potentially suspicious situations.
The training has been specially developed for reception staff, (management) secretaries, employees of mail rooms, security staff and first responders who can come into contact with suspicious mail professionally.
The course Handling Suspect Mail aims to prepare the participant in a theoretical and practical sense for the safe, effective and efficient handling of suspicious letters and postal items. In this way, an IED incident can be handled safely and efficiently.
At the end of the instruction, the participant must be able to handle a “mail incident” in a responsible manner, based on the knowledge obtained. This prevents panic and unrest. All aspects such as recognition, construction, procedures, the implementation of protective and safety measures and the making of a correct evaluation report are discussed during the instruction. Both (suspicious) powder letters and bomb mail are discussed.
The content of the training:
2. Getting grip on incidents
3. Regulations and responsibilities
4. Powder mail recognition and procedure
5. Bomb letter recognition and procedure
6. Composition and construction of bomb and powder letters
7. Safety measures and protective measures
8. The threat level in the Netherlands
9. General recommendations and rules of conduct
You are prepared in a theoretical and practical sense for the safe, effective and efficient recognition and handling of suspicious letters and postal items. When you find suspicious shipments, you know how to estimate the dangers and take effective (safety) measures. In this way, an incident can be handled safely and efficiently.
- Duration : 1/2 day
- Required Prior education : none
- Admission criteria : Check identity document statement participant and / or employer
- Diploma : Declaration of participation
- Certificate validity : REASeuro advises to attend a training day every year
- Location : REASeuro training center in Riel or in-company, streaming or e-learning (via app)
- Particularities : none