Training for Explosives Detection Dog Handlers
A training course offered in collaboration with dog handling experts from Twickelerveld.
The purpose of the Explosive Trace Dog Guide is to prepare the participant in a theoretical and practical manner for safe, effective and efficient action when dealing with an incident involving improvised explosives. This increases safety and prevents damage and possible negative publicity.
The course consists of two modules: the module ‘IED Bomb Scout’ and the module ‘Explosives Detection Dog Handler’.
In addition to theoretical knowledge there is also focus on practical training, in which a wide variety of scenarios and practice places are presented.
After a bomb threat, bomb threat or finding an improvised explosive, you are able to take part in a reconnaissance action in a safe and efficient manner. You determine which deployment method is applied, take safety measures during the exploration, take primary protective measures when a (suspected) improvised explosive is found and take care of the reporting of the search.
The training part Bomb Scout is concluded with an exam. With sufficient exam results you will receive the certificate ‘IED Bomb Scout’. At the end of this training Explosives Detection Dog Handlers, each participant receives a certificate of participation.
- Duration : 10 days
- Required Prior education : Certificate Dog Handler
- Admission criteria : Check identity document statement participant and / or employer
- Diploma : Certificate Bomb Scout and Declaration of participation for Explosives Detection Dog Handler
- Certificate validity : REASeuro advises to attend a training day every year
- Location : REASeuro training center in Riel or in-company
- Particularities : none