IED Bomb Scout
To prevent unnecessary unrest by taking the correct safety and protective measures in time.
Safety officials, governmental (fire brigade, customs, defense) departmental heads and safety surveillance staff deployed at multiple locations.
The content of the practically-oriented explosives scout training course is focusing on targeted and efficient action, from the first threat to the evaluation of the incident. Although the search of buildings is central, you can be deployed at any location. The following aspects are discussed:
- Ignition Methods of explosives
- The notification
- The different search methods
- Secure tracks
- Procedures and responsibilities
- Searching vehicles
The instruction “handling of suspect mail” and “handling of bomb threats” is also included in this training. The changed situation of counterterrorism and terrorism in the Netherlands completes the picture.
During the 3-day training, there are multiple exercise scenarios that are simulated in different locations and under realistic conditions. The use of explosive detection dogs is explained. Participants receive two unique curriculum packages in which everything is described in detail, which is useful in the event of an emergency.
After completing the Bomb Explorer improvised explosive device training course, you can be deployed at any location when searching for improvised explosives in a professional manner. You act in a targeted and efficient manner, from the bomb threat to the settlement of the incident. This increases safety, prevents material/financial damage and possible negative publicity.
This course is examined. If you have passed the exam result, you will obtain the certificate “IED Bomb Scout”.
- Duration: 3 days
- Required prior training: none
- Admission criteria: Check identity document statement participant and / or employer
- Diploma: Certificate IED Bomb Scout
- Validity certificate: REASeuro advises to attend a training day every year
- Location: REASeuro training centre in Riel or in-company
- Details: participants should take into account some evening study